Thursday 8 May 2014

Seeing both sides

As the research into my Benouville scenario has kicked into overdrive & following the news from Amazon that my long awaited book by Feuchtinger on 21st Panzer Div. is ONCE AGAIN delayed beyond the point where it'll be used for this project (now 18 months overdue), work has begun in earnest with the sources I have to compile as much information from the German perspective. All these books contain 'snippets' on the action around Benouville, but I can't help thinking the whole thing would have been made easier by a good account in one place (which I happen to know for certain is in the missing book). Ho hum. Well, it's on with these for now then.........

To be fair, there's some pretty good stuff to be going on with in the bottom book too.

No comments:

Post a Comment